AQUIOS CL Safety Features for Handling Potentially Biohazardous Sample MaterialDr. Andreas Böhmler
April 29, 2020
AQUIOS CL Flow Cytometry System
AQUIOS CL Summary
The AQUIOS CL Flow Cytometry System incorporates the following features in one compact platform:
- Automated sample loading,
- Sample preparation,
- Reagent management and barcode scanning, as well as data analysis and bidirectional LIS connectivity
AQUIOS CL: Load & Go Flow Cytometry
LOAD & GO
- Load blood samples, and receive results*
- A flow cytometer where sample loading is as easy as on a hematology analyzer
- Performs the entire preparation process
FREES UP TIME
- User can focus on data review and validation of results
* Results require review by a qualified laboratory professional
AQUIOS CL: Available all Day, all Week
- Random-access loading of samples via cassette or single tube loader
- On-board sample preparation incl. pipetting of antibodies and lysis reagent
- Bi-directional LIS link
- Comprehensive QC-Concept (incl. CAP and UK-NEQAS proficiency testing schemes)
- Automated system setup: No dedicated daily setup reagents required
- For In-Vitro-Diagnostic Use
AQUIOS CL Tests for TBNK Analysis
AQUIOS Tetra Tests for Automated Lymphocyte Subset Analysis
- AQUIOS Tetra system tests for simultaneous identification and enumeration of T, B, and NK lymphocytes in whole blood
- Single Platform Technology (SPT) for lymphocyte subset analysis and enumeration without the need for counting beads.
- AQUIOS Tetra-1 and AQUIOS Tetra-2+ are for In Vitro Diagnostic Use. AQUIOS CL with Tetra-1 has been accepted for the World Health Organization list of prequalified in vitro diagnostic products.
AQUIOS Catalog Products and Controls
|AQUIOS Tetra-1||B23533||CD45/CD4/CD8/CD3||CE / IVD / WHO-PQ||North America, Europe, High-Growth Markets|
|AQUIOS Tetra-2+||B23534||CD45/CD56+16/CD19/CD3||CE / IVD||North America, Europe, High-Growth Markets|
|AQUIOS IMMUNO-TROL Cells||B23535||Process control (CD4 normal)||CE / IVD||North America, Europe, High-Growth Markets|
|AQUIOS IMMUNO-TROL Low Cells||B25700||Process control (CD4 low)||CE / IVD||North America, Europe, High-Growth Markets|
AQUIOS CL: Reduce exposure to potentially biohazardous material
AQUIOS Reduces Steps that Require Manual Intervention
- AQUIOS accepts closed primary blood sample tubes.
- No additional sample preparation, personnel, liquid handling modules or robots are required.
- AQUIOS combines automated sample loading, sample preparation and cellular analysis into one compact system.
AQUIOS accepts closed primary blood sample tubes.
- Cassette autoloader
- Cap piercing & mixing
- Various tube types & sizes
- Capacity: 8 cassettes/40 tubes
- Continuous loading/unloading
- Single-tube loader
- Open or closed vial sampling
- For additional tube sizes
- Stat sampling capability
- Manual mixing
AQUIOS CL Reduces Exposure to Potentially Biohazardous Material
AQUIOS CL reduces exposure to potentially biohazardous material by…
- Reducing the number of steps that require manual intervention
- Accepting closed primary blood tubes
- Cap piercing technology
- Automated sample preparation
- Touch screen operation
AQUIOS CL: Provide a 24/7 Flow Cytometry Service
AQUIOS CL can be Run Safely by Less Experienced Operators
AQUIOS CL allows labs to allocate staff resources for maximum productivity, by…
- Providing a flow cytometry system where sample loading is as easy as on a hematology analyzer
- Minimizing the potential for user error due to the reduction of steps that require manual intervention
- Intuitive technology that requires less training
“Since it is so simple and intuitive, training my techs was a breeze. You could train them in less than an hour. So we were able to cross-train most of the techs in the area in very short time. That makes everything efficient in the laboratory.”
Alexandra Amador, MT (ASCP), CHT (ABHI), Manager
Histocompatibility Lab, University of Miami.
Watch the videos on how AQUIOS CL works on www.AquiosCL.com
AQUIOS CL Error Prevention Features
AQUIOS CL employs several features that work to prevent errors throughout the entire workflow:
- Automated scanning of specimen barcodes
- The specimen ID is automatically tracked throughout the run
- Barcoded reagents
- Bidirectional connection to the Lab Information System (LIS)
- Blood aspiration detection
- Flow cell clogging prevention
- Volumetric absolute counting without beads
- Quality control checks for every sample
AQUIOS CL Provides a 24/7 Flow Cytometry Service
AQUIOS CL can help setting up a 24/7 Flow Cytometry service by…
- Providing a flow cytometry platform that can be run by less experienced operators
- Build-in error prevention features throughout the entire workflow
- Barcode scanning and LIS connectivity that prevent intermixing of samples and/or reagents
- Auto-gating features in the software
- Reduced training effort
AQUIOS CL Cleaning Procedures
- For a complete overview of all cleaning procedures, please refer to CHAPTER 10, Cleaning Procedures, of the AQUIOS CL User Manual (PN B21896).
- At any time, it is possible to trigger a 5-minute cleaning routine involving AQUIOS Sodium Hypochlorite Solution. See “Run Bleach Cycle” in CHAPTER 8, Setup, of the AQUIOS CL User Manual.
- Cleaning the Wash Station:
- Open the reagent door
- Using a cotton swab, dispense enough AQUIOS Sodium Hypochlorite solution to wet the swab without saturating it.
- Wipe the stainless steel opened portion of the wash station, including the well and rim, with the swab.
- Cleaning the Barcode Reader on the front of the instrument:
- Carefully wipe the barcode reader window with a soft, lint-free tissue containing isopropyl alcohol.
- Verify that the barcode reader is able to scan the reagent information.
- Cleaning Blood spills:
- Disinfect the area using a disinfectant solution according to your laboratory’s procedures.
- Dispose of all materials in your laboratory’s biohazard waste containers.
- Refer to CLSI/CCCLS document GP17 -Clinical Laboratory Safety for additional information.
- Cleaning the System:
- Using wipes soaked with 10% bleach or sporicidin, clean the external surfaces of the instrument.
- If build up of dried blood is noticed in the probe wash station to the right of the reagent carousel, use a cotton swab soaked with 10% bleach or sporicidin to clean it.
- Check the wash station overflow tray for spills during routine maintenance and after a wash station overflow and clean if necessary, to prevent any biohazardous contamination.
AQUIOS CL Waste Management
- Installing the Waste container:
- Before placing the waste container on the Supply Cart, add 1L of high-quality, fragrance-free, gel-free bleach (5 to 6% solution of sodium hypochlorite -available chlorine) to the empty 10L waste container.
- Discarding the used 96 well Plate:
- Before removing the 96 well plate from the instrument, cover the plate with a fitting plate lid.
- Plate lids can be obtained from your local laboratory equipment provider.
Handle laboratory waste like potentially biohazardous waste according to your laboratory’s policies.