- Perform Daily QC:
- Prepare the QC beads:
Add 1mL of deionized water to 12 x 75mm sample tube. Thoroughly mix bottle of CytoFlex Daily QC Fluorospheres and add three drops to the sample tube and vortex. Diluted beads can be stored at 2-8°C in dark for up to 5 days.
- Select Start QC/Standardization for the QC/Standardization Menu. Ensure that the QC bead lot number is selectable in the Lot No. drop down menu.
Note: If the lot number is not selectable, then download the lot specific Target File from Beckman.com website by following the steps in Download Target File section.
- Initialize the system if it has gone into Standby mode then insert the prepared sample tube into the tube holder. Select correct lot number form the Lot.No.
drop-down and select Start.
Note: QC may take several minutes. During QC, the software automatically seeks the Cytoflex Daily QC Fluorospheres and computes the results. The results are displayed and saved automatically once it is completed.
- Green icons in the Result section indicate Pass.
- Red icons in the Result section indicate Fail.
- If QC fails, select Daily Clean and Prime from the Cytometer menu, follow the prompts and repeat QC. If QC fails two times in a row on the same day, contact your Beckman Coulter Representative.
- Select ‘Close QC/Standardization’ under File menu to exit the QC/Standardization module.
- Prepare the QC beads:
- Download Target File:
From Beckman.com home page, navigate to Shop and Products>Reagents>Flow Cytometry Reagents>Fluorospheres and Quality Control. Select CytoFlex Daily QC Fluorospheres product and click Download Target Files.
- Import Target File:
While in the QC/Standardization mode select Target Library under the Settings menu and select Import. Navigate to the target value file and select Open and then select Close.
- In the Search By Product section of the screen, select the following:
- Select Research & Discovery from the Market Segment drop-down menu.
- Select Flow Cytometry from the Product Line drop-down menu.
- Select Instruments from the Product Series drop-down menu.
- Select CytoFLEX from the Product drop-down menu.
- Select CytoFLEX QC Fluorospheres Target Values from the Software Name drop-down menu.
- Select English from the Language drop-down menu.
Select the Cytoflex QC Fluorospheres Target Values for correct lot number of Daily QC Fluorospheres and then select Download and save to desired file path or USB drive.