Beckman Coulter introduced the first AUC sample characterization instrument to help the scientific community power new discoveries. That tradition continues into the 21st century with the new Optima™ AUC system.
This latest tool is the most robust technology for providing data used to determine protein molecular weight in basic protein research and quantification of aggregation levels for academic and biopharma research.
Want to learn more about Analytical Ultracentrifugation? Take a more in-depth look at our AUC Resources Section.
Choose an Optima AUC Model
Improved Data Quality
- Higher radial resolution
- Better signal to noise ratio than ProteomeLab
- 11x more vertical pixels for interference optics
- Enables precise analysis of complex systems at discrete wavelengths (up to 20) in minimal time
Analyzes a wide array of particles in native, matrix-free conditions, including:
- Extracellular vesicles
- Drug conjugates
- Viral payload
Provides data which can answer more critical questions than any other comparable technique, including:
Easier to Use
- User-friendly touchscreen display indicates intuitive progression of experimental design.
- Remote monitoring capabilities let you set up, monitor and extract data from virtually any location.
- Compatibility with ProteomeLab XL cells and rotors
- Toggle optics expedite workflow preparation
|Acceleration||5-400 rpm/second (above 500 rpm), 400 max acceleration|
|Deceleration||5-400 rpm/second (above 500 rpm), 400 (max deceleration)|
|Speed Control||± actual rotor speed, ± 2 rpm at steady state|
|Timed Run||1 to 999 hrs, 59 mins (including hold runs)|
|Max Capacity Volume Range||0.10 - 0.44 mL|
|Speed Display||1,000 to rated speed in 100 rpm increments|
|Temperature Control||0.50 °C of set temperature after equilibration|
|Display||15.3" high-resolution color touch screen|
|Temperature Range(s)||Ambient temperature range: 10 to 30°C, Set temp: 7-40° C (1°C increments at > 25-30°C ambient temp); 4-40°C (1°C increments at <25°C ambient temp)|
- Filter by: