DURAClone IF Monocyte Activation Protocol
This protocol is for reference purposes only. It may be necessary to adapt the method for specific research needs.
KIT BOX CONTENTS
25 tests of the DURAClone IF Monocyte Activation Antibody Panel
NOTE: Do not store the reagent tubes in the refrigerator; do not freeze/thaw the tubes. Minimize the exposure of the tubes to light, especially during processing and incubation of sample(s) prior to acquisition.
MATERIAL REQUIRED BUT NOT SUPPLIED
Blood collection tube containing sodium heparin anticoagulant
PerFix-nc Cellular Staining Preparation Kit (Part Number B10825):
- Buffer 1, fixative reagent
- Buffer 2, permeabilizing reagent
- Buffer 3, final solution, 10X concentrate. Dilute to 1X prior to use.
Flow cytometer equipped with the following lasers and detectors:
- 405 nm: 430 – 470 nm, 530 – 570 nm
- 488 nm: 560 – 600 nm
- 633 nnm: 715 – 735 nm
Flow cytometer calibration beads
SAMPLE PREPARATION FOR WHOLE BLOOD
- 50 μL of activated blood to an appropriately labeled test tube.
- Add 5 μL of PerFix-nc Buffer 1. Vortex until red pellet is dissociated. Incubate 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Add 300 μL of PerFix-nc Buffer 2. Vortex.
- Transfer the contents into one tube of the DURAClone IF Monocyte Activation Antibody Panel.
- Vortex the tubes at high speed for 6-8 seconds. Incubate 15 minutes at room temperature. Protect from light.
- Add 3 mL of PerFix-nc Buffer 3. Vortex.
- Sample is ready for acquisition. Set the discriminator on the FS parameter to a value low enough to assure leukocytes are not excluded from acquisition.
Example Data in Kaluza Analysis File (download)
- Create an FSC-A vs. FSC-H dot plot and draw a region to encompass the singlets cell population and exclude the doublets.
- Create a FSC-A vs. SSC-A dot plot and apply the singlets gate onto this plot. Draw a region to encompass the Cells population. These are the singlets cell populations.
- Create a CD45-Krome Orange vs. SSC-A dot plot and apply the Cells gate onto this plot. Draw a region to encompass the CD45+ leukocytes. These are the singlet CD45+ Leukocytes cells.
- Create a CD14-Pacific Blue (PB) vs. SSC-A dot plot and apply the Leukocytes gate onto the plot. Draw a region to encompass the CD14+ Monocytes.
- Create a TNFα-Alexa Fluor 700 vs. HLA-DR-PE dot plot and apply the CD14+ Monocytes gate onto this plot. Select and apply a Quadrant gate onto this plot and adjust the quadrant lines to delineate TNFα- HLA-DR+, TNFα+ HLA-DR+, TNFα+ HLADR-, and TNFα- HLA-DR- monocytes.
- Record the desired statistics.