Learn & Earn! View this complimentary 90-minute course on demand — and receive P.A.C.E.* education credit.
Flow cytometry immunophenotyping assays can be complex and challenging to design. The steps involved in designing a Laboratory Developed Test (LDT) for flow cytometry includes designing a panel of antibodies in specific fluorochrome combinations, optimizing the flow cytometer settings for the assay and creating a method to analyze the data and produce useful and accurate results.
During this course, you will:
- Learn how to determine the biological question that needs to be answered
- Identify which markers to use, and how best to combine them
- Learn about the optical configuration of your flow cytometer
- Learn to analyze your flow cytometry data and provide critical diagnostic answers
Meet our key opinion leaders sharing their expertise:
- Amr Rajab BSc, MLT, SCYM (ASCP)CM, Flow cytometry Technical Specialist at LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services in Toronto, Ontario, who currently serves as an ICCS council member. Rajab has extensive expertise in the development of multicolor flow cytometry leukemia and lymphoma immunophenotyping, which he uses to provide education through ICCS and CCEN to flow cytometrists around the world.
- Andrea Illingworth, MS, H(ASCP) SCYM, Manager of Flow Cytometry & Clinical Trials at Dahl-Chase Diagnostic Services in Bangor, Maine. Illingworth has also served as Senior Councilor for Quality and created the Quality & Standards Committee with ICCS. The modules produced by this committee provide fundamental education and instruction on all flow cytometry topics.
- Ben Hedley, Ph.D., SCYM(ASCP), Hematology Scientist at London Health Sciences Centre in London, Ontario. Dr. Hedley has served as an ICCS Councilor, section lead for CLSI H62: validation of Assays Performed by Flow Cytometry, and is a reviewer for numerous scientific journals. He has published more than 25 peer-reviewed journal articles, and his work has been cited more than 1,100 times.
*P.A.C.E. a registered trademark for Professional Acknowledgement for Continuing Education