The ideal solution for routine, high-throughput applicationsThe AQUIOS CL features full bi-directional Lab Information System (LIS) connectivity to auto-retrieve test requests without manual entry, worklists or middleware.
With pre-loaded standard protocols and operating instructions, the AQUIOS flow cytometer automatically connects sample IDs to test requests and prepares reagents specific to each sample.
Smart-track reagent monitoring
- Choose from a comprehensive range of bar-coded reagents and consumables
- Auto-scan and track on-board reagents, open and closed vial expiration dates and remaining tests per vial
- Easily track remaining and in-use test wells with scanned microplate functionality
Real-time monitoring and quality control
- The system continually tracks reagent status to ensure availability and proper use
- Multiple audit functions ensure process compliance
Continuous loadingContinuous loading/unloading capability is available with multiple cassettes on a single autoloader for a total capacity of 40 sample tubes. With continuous loading, the AQUIOS CL can complete an entire 96 sample well-plate without stopping. A single-tube loader processes STAT samples in the next available slot including irregular tube sizes and open-vial sampling.
Sample Prep – random sample loading
The barcode on each sample tube identifies which test to run and the scanners match the specimen ID, test request and all necessary reagents.
Eliminate manual pipetting and potential biohazard issues with no daughter tubes to label and track and no transporting of prepared samples.
- Cap pierces blood tubes
- Aspirates correct sample volumes
- Assigns samples to internal well plate
- Adds and mixes reagents in correct volumes and sequence
Pipeline sample processingThis patent-pending feature eliminates slow, inefficient batch processing to enhance overall efficacy and processing times. Two multitasking probes—one dedicated to cap piercing and sample prep and the other to aspirating samples for analysis—ensures standardized sample preparation and fast efficient analysis.
Intelligent analysis algorithmIn the Tetra combo for lymphocyte subset analysis, first sample results are reported within 20 minutes of loading. Subsequent sample results are reported ~every two minutes. The algorithm auto-sets gates, regions and compensation to flag samples that don’t meet auto-validation criteria or require operator review. Real-time on-screen detail includes a results summary complete with histograms, dot plots, adjustable gates and region, and compensation
Advanced failure prevention and quality control
- To ensure the integrity of test results, antibody vials remain sealed preventing dye degradation due to light or air
- Vials have pierceable caps eliminating the need to remove track multiple cap locations
- Laser output is continuously monitored and adjusted
- Volumetric absolute counting eliminates count tubes and beads removing manual pipetting risks
- Simultaneous quality control checks for every sample and process control run
- System-based audit trail eliminates need for manual quality control or reagent log books required (includes tracking assay values for process controls)
- Text and/or email auto-alert triggers for reagent replenishment or when operator intervention is required
- Auto-transmit test results with LIS connectivity without manual data entry or middleware*
*Results should be reviewed by a qualified person prior to release of results from the LIS.