Global Privacy NoticeEffective Date: October 3, 2014
Beckman Coulter, Inc., along with our affiliates and subsidiaries, ("Beckman Coulter") respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship we have with you. This Global Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect on www.beckmancoulter.com (the "Site"), how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices available regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how to contact us about our privacy practices.
This Global Privacy Notice does not apply to Beckman Coulter sites that have their own separate privacy policies or notices.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Online Tracking
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- Notice to California Residents
- Access and Correction
- Data Transfers
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Links To Other Websites
- Updates To Our Global Privacy Notice
- How To Contact Us
Information We Obtain
We may obtain certain personal information (such as your name and contact details) when you choose to provide them through our Site. The types of information we may obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number);
- username and password to access Beckman Coulter products and services online;
- account number;
- payment information (such as payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address); and
- content you may provide (for example, when you complete our Online Contact Form or submit other information).
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain through the Site to:
- Create and manage your online account;
- manage your orders and invoices
- offer and provide products and services to you;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, surveys, events, programs, webinars, product information, newsletters, promotions and other offers;
- display content on our Site (such as training materials and videos);
- process your payments;
- respond to and communicate with you about your inquiries and requests and provide information you request;
- register your purchased products and provide product, warranty and service support;
- process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; [analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- perform data analysis and other analyses and processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We may use third party web analytics services on this Site, such as those of Google Analytics and Eloqua. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
On the Site, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. This section of our Global Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
We utilize Google Display Advertising (such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) to (1) show you our ads on other websites based on your prior visits to our Site, and (2) better understand our ad impressions and use of ad services. In connection with the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting service, we may use data from Google's interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to understand and improve our marketing campaigns and Site content.
Some of our online advertising takes place through Google Display Advertising. As part of this program, we use Google Analytics features such as Retargeting. In connection with that feature and others offered by ad networks, we and the operators of ad networks, including Google, may use third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) – and in some cases first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) – to inform, optimize and serve ads across the Internet based on a user's past visits to our Site. We also may show you ads from some of our affiliates when you visit our Site.
You can opt out of Google AdWords remarketing service and Google Analytics for Display Advertising by clicking here. Our Site is not designed to respond to "do not track" signals received from browsers.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here.
We may share your personal information with:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Global Privacy Notice.
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that respond to customer inquiries, process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting, training, event and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Global Privacy Notice.
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
Access and Correction
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may (i) have the right to access certain personal information we maintain about you and obtain a copy of that information, (ii) update or correct inaccuracies in that information, (iii) object to our use of your personal information, and (iv) block or delete your personal information from our database. To exercise these rights, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this Global Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. If you are resident in the EU, a charge may be applicable before we provide a copy to you of any of your personal information that we maintain.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through the Site to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Global Privacy Notice. If you are located in the European Union ("EU") or Switzerland, we will comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to recipients in countries outside of the EU or Switzerland.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links To Other Websites
Our Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites' content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
This Global Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Site to notify you of any significant changes to our Global Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Global Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, to exercise your rights of access, rectification, blocking, or deletion, or to object to the processing of your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or write to us at the local office listed here.